843-945-1627 ces@callcooper.com

Another “Above Average” Year; 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season Predictions

“Above normal” is used for the upcoming 2021 Atlantic hurricane season. NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center forecasts a 60% chance for “above normal” hurricane activity, a 30% chance of “near normal,” and a 10% chance of “below normal” activity. Despite the prediction for an above-normal season, experts believe this year will not rival the record-setting storm activity seen in 2020.

The 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season starts June 1 and lasts until November 30. An “above average” season generates 13 to 20 named storms, with 6 to 10 becoming hurricanes and 3 to 5 major hurricanes (Cat. 3, 4, and 5).

As we’ve seen in recent years, the Myrtle Beach area is prone to high winds and flooding, with Hurricanes Florence and Matthew doing millions in damage in previous years.

Start Planning Now for Extreme Weather

It’s a common call to plan. Resources like the SC Emergency Management Division provide a variety of checklists, resources, and links. Whether it’s stocking up on supplies for 2 weeks or gathering vital documents, preparation ensures you keep important documents and supplies secure and nearby.

Whether you stay or evacuate this hurricane season, a residential or commercial generator can keep you and your home secure.

2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season prediction.

Prepare for Power Outages Along the Grand Strand

High winds and flooding can take down trees and limbs in a hurricane or tropical storm, disrupting power to thousands around Myrtle Beach. A residential generator provides power to your whole house instantaneously.

A generator system will keep lights on, the HVAC operable, and life comfortable while utilities are down. A standby residential unit is quiet, doesn’t require manual refueling, and instantaneously switches between utility and generated power using an automatic transfer switch.

Whole home generator installation in Myrtle Beach

Businesses continue to profit and thrive with a commercial generator system. With a generator, businesses can still provide goods and services while competition is shuttered. Additionally, a generator will keep buildings and merchandise safe and secure. Companies with generators take comfort in knowing all security systems are fully powered and working.

Cooper Electrical Services is an authorized dealer of Cummins and Generac generators for homes and businesses. To learn more about Cummins’ QuietConnect residential generators, or Cummins’ light commercial and commercial gensets, give Cooper a call. Cooper Electrical Services is Myrtle Beach’s number one electrical and generator contractor. We offer turnkey solutions from sales to installation, as well as comprehensive maintenance and repair services.