Cooper’s Generator Maintenance Agreements Offer Many Benefits
A Generator Maintenance Agreement with Cooper Electrical Services are contracts providing businesses and homeowners the reliability that comes with scheduled inspection, testing, and required maintenance. Whether residential or commercial, all generator systems need testing and upkeep so they perform when needed and provide a length return on investment.
Maintenance agreements are fully customizable to meet the needs of the client and generally provide scheduled service over a 1-3 year period. Service agreements allow customers to feel confident in the state and health of their generator, knowing it will perform effectivity in an emergency situation. Plus, Generator Maintenance Agreement customers receive priority service during hurricane season and discounted labor rates.
Scope of Service for Commercial and Residential Generator Maintenance Agreements
Cooper’s Generator Maintenance Service Contract provides regularly scheduled visits where a Cooper professional will perform the following services 4 times a year (quarterly):
- Visual inspection of engine & generator control devices, wiring, and components.
- Visual inspection of all belts, pulleys, idlers, hoses, and operator guards.
- Check all belts for proper tension and alignment.
- Visual inspection and manual operation of output breaker(s).
- Check engine gauges, meters, and perform Lamp & Meter Tests.
- Check proper operation of engine block heater.
- Check engine oil and coolant levels.
- Inspect the condition of the radiator and cap.
- Check engine air intake filters.
- Check engine exhaust system and rain cap
- Check engine crankcase ventilation.
- Check and lubricate housing intake louver motors and operators (if applicable).
- Test Emergency Stop Operation and Control.
- Check Battery Charger operations and charge rate.
- Inspect and clean battery connections, terminals, and check cold cranking amps.
- Check engine starter connections.
- Check engine fuel system, tank(s), vents, supply & return lines, regulators, and overflow piping.
- Perform Generator System Test, with or without load, and record all generator engine and alternator control readings after engine has reached nominal operating temperature. Inspect for any leaks during and after the System Tests
Additionally, Cooper Mechanical Services will conduct the following services once a year (annually):
- Perform a Quarterly Generator Maintenance Service.
- Perform Coolant Test and record Freeze Level Protection.
- Replace engine oil and filter(s).
- Replace fuel filter(s).
- Change air intake filter(s), as needed.
- Perform NFPA 110 Annual Generator – ATS System Function Test with Load.
- Provide Annual Certification for Insurance & Fire Marshall
For many commercial clients, regular testing and inspection isn’t just a recommended best practice, it is a requirement. A Cooper Generator Maintenance Agreement can cover code-required inspections and certifications that allow your business or organization to operate with knowledge that your emergency generator meets all standards. For residential customers, a maintenance agreement means that a Cooper professional will inspect and test your system before Atlantic Hurricane Season hits the Southeast. You will take comfort in knowing your generator is ready to perform when you need it most.
Call Cooper to Learn More About Generator Maintenance Agreements
Cooper Electrical Services is the only unlimited license electrical contractor in Myrtle Beach that provides turn-key generator service. From sales and installation of residential and commercial generators, to maintenance and repair of all major manufacturers, Cooper Electrical Service brings reliability and expertise to each customer. Learn more about how a maintenance agreement can extend the life of your generator and save you money in the long run. Call Cooper today.